2008 was a year of great meals – thanks to our friends and family who enriched these meals with their company (and were always willing to let me try their food). The highlights…
- Best overall – Momofuku Ko
- Best newcomer – Scarpetta
- Best entrée – Blue Hill, potato and green garlic ravioli with smoked chicken wings
- Best side – Perilla, farro risotto
- Best dessert – Dovetail, brioche bread pudding with bananas, bacon brittle, and rum vanilla ice cream
- Best burger – Market Table
- Best comfort food – The Smith (notably the mac + cheese)
- Best brunch – Telepan
- Best wine bar – Blue Ribbon Downing Street Bar
Honorable mentions – Commerce, Smith’s, the little owl, Casa Mono, Convivio, Jean Georges, Frankie’s Spuntino 17, Hearth, Sfoglia, Peter Luger Steakhouse, and probably a few that I forgot.
Happy New Year – may your 2009 be filled with good food!